Remote Testing using the Weylon application allows for increased visibility into customer issues. The process consists of 3 steps.
Reports for data visualization of test results are currently in development.
First, provision the desired test in the ConnexCS Control Panel. Go to Global Weylon. This will list any existing tests.
Create Test Configuration
Click the to create a new testing configuration.
- Name: Name the new test, ideally something descriptive so you know what it will test
- ID: This is randomly generated by the system
- Show Output: When Enabled, it will display real-time results while the tests are running on the customer equipment. When Disabled, a progress bar is displayed, so there isn't confusion about what all the results mean while the test is still running.
Next to Criteria, click the to specify the test parameters
- Type: Select to run Ping, Simulate Media, or Trace Route
- Host: Specify the IP or FQDN
- Level: There are 3 options to choose from which will vary the intensity of the test:
- Basic- single, quick test
- Standard- captures moderate amount of data without being too detailed
- Advanced- detailed soak test which can last several minutes
Savefor the Criteria. Add additional test Criteria as needed.
Saveto complete the test setup.
Next, the customer will need to install Weylon on their Linux machine.
Install the application
wget https://app.connexcs.com/files/weylon chmod +x ./weylon
Execute the test
./weylon -i ABCD
All test results will report back to your Control Panel under Global Weylon.
Help with interpreting test results
If you need help reviewing the report data from these tests, please reach out to ConnexCS Customer Support for assistance.