Call Detail Record (CDR)¶
Management Customer [Customer Name] CDR
The CDR (Call Detail Record) is an extensive set of information that is collected and stored for each call. This is used primarily for billing purposes as it contains details such as call duration and destination number.
CDR records are "hot" (instantly queries) for the last 3 months guaranteed. After this they will be moved to our warm storage server where they are highly compressed and available for bulk download.
View CDRs for all Customers and Carriers under Global CDR. Download and Reclaculate selected CDRs across multiple customers.
Manage displayed CDRs¶
The Customer CDR tab lists Call Detail Records associated with the selected account. Selecting the entries will display more detailed information. These queries are made on the server then displayed in the portal.
- Columns: Additional CDR fields can be enabled on the Columns tab on the right.
- Column filter/sort: Displayed entries can be filtered and sorted by clicking the header of each column. Since each call generates a CDR, this function is especially useful for customers with high call volume.
- Download: Pressing
Downloadwill save the record to your hard drive in CSV format. You can also select which columns to include in the download.
When viewing CDRs for specific customer, use the
Recalc CDR button to refresh CDR data that may be inaccurate. Each Operation displays different fields.
- Refresh Credit (recalculates balances)
- Refresh Summaries & Credit
- Rerate Calls, and Refresh Summaries & Credit
- Adjust Call Duration, Rerate Calls, and Refresh Summaries & Credit
- Date (UTC) (for Refresh operations)
- Release Reason (for Rerate operations)- select the reason the call was ended, multiple selections are allowed. This will modify the amount that was charged for the calls.
- Min Duration (for Adjust Call Duration operations)
New Duration (for Adjust Call Duration operations)
If you select either "Rerate" option when recalculating CDRs, this will change your CDRs and is not reversible. Original call durations will be modified according to the criteria selected.
Create advanced filters using any fields of the record. Quickly select either Origination or Termination, or use the Query Builder to customize the data view.
- Match Type: Select "All" or "Any" calls to match.
- Select the CDR field from the drop-down, then "Add Rule" to define parameters to match.
- Select Add Rule to select additional fields and parameters to include in the custom query.
Use Add Group to group sets of queries into a series of groups, creating complex, compound, and multi-vector queries.
Using Query Builder with large amounts of data
Running detailed and complex queries on large amounts of data is not recommended. It is better to write more compact and pared down queries to retrieve this data. Unlike other providers, ConnexCS doesn't use CDRs for debugging. You should be able to do all debugging in the Logging section.
CDR Time Zone¶
CDR's are rated and stored in UTC, daily totals are also calculated in UTC. You can change the time zone that individual CDR records are viewed from the time zone selector, however downloads will always be in UTC.