Debugging (identifying call problems) is an essential skill for maintaining a Voice Platform. VoIP/SIP communication has many components and a wide range of possible configurations; a single character or a 10ms delay in the wrong place could cause issues in the system.
- Isolate: The first step in debugging a problem is to isolate it. This means that if a customer is a reporting that calls don't connect, we need an example of where that happens.
- If Reporting a Problem to ConnexCS, you will need to provide a Call-ID.
- Replicate (Optional): If the problem is happening for live customers, it may be necessary to replicate the problem either on the live platform or in a lab environment. ConnexCS support engineers may need your assistance to achieve this.
- Fix: Once the underlying cause of an issue is understood, a fix can be performed (typically correcting configuration or setup issues).
- Test: Finally, verify the fix using a live or simulated test to confirm the fix has resolved the issue. Once this is confirmed, the customer can be contact to inform the issue is be resolved.